The skin of the newborn babies is so soft that they can get affected by even the slightest of the scratch on their skin. The skin peeling in newborn remains a major cause of concern and if left untreated may lead to various ailments that may leave a permanent scar on the skin. There are various causes as to why the skin peeling in newborn babies occurs about which we shall be talking about later in this guide.
This skin peeling is seen as a normal phenomenon that should not trouble you but anything when occurs in out of bounds may lead to severe ailments later on.
On which parts of the body does skin peeling occurs
The skin peeling in newborns can happen on different parts of the body such as the soles, ankles and hands which can become severe over time. When a baby is born, his skin is already covered with various body fluids that are wiped off by the nurse soon after the birth of the child. These fluids are as follows:
- Amniotic fluid
What causes skin peeling in newborns?
Though, it is the vernix that is a determinant when it comes to skin peeling but when there are some of the factors which also contribute (and irritate) the skin peeling among the newborn babies.
Let us make it more elaborate:
- There are broadly two categories in which the causes of skin peeling can be bifurcated, namely, eczema and ichthyosis. This division makes the causes of the newborn skin peeling more pronounced.
- Besides the above broad category, there are shampoos and detergents as well which can out your baby in trouble.
- When it comes to the eateries, food products like soy and dairy can also make the situation troublesome.
Treating the newborn at home with some remedies!
This ailment needs proper care and there are many of the home remedies for skin peeling in newborn that can be troublesome for the parents. Take necessary precautions so that the baby is being said to have the right health in the long run. Also, you will have to substitute some of the creams following the advice given to you by the doctors.
A more elaborative approach is required to prepare the baby for his growing up years so here we have come up with newborn’s skin peeling home remedies that can help you out. Some baby journey blog also provide helpful tips.
- It is important to raise the moisture level in your home and for that a humidifier comes into play
- Use the soap and the shampoo which is mild on the skin and balances the moisturizing content of the skin
You need to be quite observant regarding the state of your baby’s skin. A close watch will ensure that the baby’s skin can be taken care of. When you are continuously gauging the skin then ensure that there is no flakiness. When this happens, there are chances that the baby may develop a dry skin that may get aggravated to a high degree. For more parenting tips, visit https://babyjourney.net/